What are the cumulative impacts of your workstream over time? Are you on track with your actual impacts compared to plan? This visualization will allow you to visualize the cumulative impacts of initiatives in your workstream and easily compare the actuals to your plan goals.
How to use
- Compare the bars (actuals) to the line (goal) and see how much of a gap exists
- Switch to list view and double click initiatives to see more details
- Based on identified gaps, consider where you may need more resources, initiatives, etc. to make up the difference
1. Ensure you are in stacked chart view. If not, navigate to the upper left corner and click on the visualization type and select Stacked chart view from the dropdown.
2. Next, click on the filter icon in the upper right corner and select Filter by initiative. Under Accountability, select your workstream; in this example, we use Juices.
3. Click on the view setting icon to the left of the filter icon, then click on the color icon and choose Stage.
To set the bars, click on the aggregation icon and Select the bar measure. Ensure that Display a bar, Display value labels, and Cumulative are all selected. Choose Net recurring benefits under Calendarized impacts as the bar measure.
4. Return to the aggregation options and click on Select the line measure. As with the bar measure, confirm that Display a bar, Display value labels, and Cumulative are all selected. Choose Planned net recurring benefits under Calendarized impacts as the bar measure.
5. Finally, click on on the group icon and select Group by period. Enable grouping to view each year of your program.
The final report will illustrate cumulative planned impacts (the line) and actual cumulative impacts (the bar) based on past and current activity.