When bulk adding new users to Wave, you will be downloading the User Template in *.xlsx format from the User Management Console, making your changes, then importing the new data. Please note that new users will not be able to access Wave until they have been onboarded.
Do you need to add only one new user? Read how to do that here.
1. Find the template user, which should have been created when setting up your console, and check the box next to the Name (as shown in the example below).
Click on the upload/download icon in the upper left corner and select Download users to update. In the popup, select Export selected user. Your file will download and you can open it directly from the download bar at the bottom of your screen. You may wish to save the blank template as an Excel file for future updates, provided there are no changes to the file structure.
2. Update the fields in the user export file based on your needs, including names, emails, and group memberships, as illustrated below, for each new user. Please note that the specific fields will vary depending on your Wave setup.
Be sure to remove the Auth0 ID from the blank user; if you do not, you will end up modifying the blank user record. New users will be automatically assigned an ID upon upload.
3. Once all your changes have been input into the user export spreadsheet, select the data - including the header row - and copy to the clipboard.
Click on the upload/download icon in the upper left corner of the console and select on Add or update users in bulk to access the pop up where you can make the changes.
4. As shown in the animation below, you will first paste the data you copied from your spreadsheet into the box. Click on ADD/UPDATE USERS and you will see a Summary of changes for all the users you are adding or updating. You can click on Show to view the details. Click CONFIRM if everything is okay, or ABORT if you need to make edits.
Next, you will see an overview of Special checks including how access will be granted to confidential cards or dashboards. You can click on Show to view the details. Again, click CONFIRM if everything looks okay, or ABORT if you need to make edits.
Now you will see a final confirmation and summary of the applied changes and special checks. Click on SHOW to see the details, then CLOSE to return to the console.
5. Once you have added a new user, that user will not be able to access Wave until they have received their login credentials. This is done by onboarding the user.