Wave users at your organization can easily be managed through the User Management Console. Access to this console is based on your completion of User Management Training. Contact your Wave representative for more details about this process. This article is divided into two parts: an overview of what you will see in the console and how to navigate the basic functions of the console.
User Management Console
The User Management Console is where you can add, edit or remove Wave users at your organization. The following is an overview of the key sections and definitions.
1. User Information
- Name - shows up in drop-downs and filters, e.g. Initiative owner
- First name - appears on top of dashboard view
- Last name - does not appear in Wave
- Email - used to send notifications to end user and used by end user to log into Wave
- Default email language
2. Blocked status
- If showing as blocked, a user cannot log into Wave
3. System Administration Flags
- Admin - if YES, the user can access the User Management Console
- Configurator - if YES, the user can access the console for managing configuration
- Tenant Owner - if YES, the user is part of the McKinsey Wave team; typically there are two tenant owners
4. App On-boarding Status
- Green - a welcome email has been sent to the end user
- Red - no welcome email was sent to the end user
*Please note that creating a user and onboarding a user are two distinct steps when creating a new user; read about onboarding new users to learn more*
5. Free-text Tags
- Tags - free usage by UM administrator, typically used to indicate a ticket reference for operations done by Help Desk
6. Auth0 Details
- Detailed information from authentication engine: unique user ID, user creating time, last login time, total count of logins since creation, and last user IP address
- Click on the + next to the column header to see full authentication details for users
7. Group Membership
- General information - listing of all groups in which a user is a member
- Disabled - listing of all groups from which a user has been removed
- Number of groups of which user is a member
- Click on the + next to the column header to see all groups; those to which a member belongs will be indicated with a green box
You can quickly find what you need in the User Management Console using the UM Search. This is a universal search of all columns for your search term(s). In the example, a search for "full launch" yields all users with that tag.
For columns with clearly defined value options, such as Yes/No, you can search by the column title and indicate true or false. For example, if you are looking for users who are blocked, you would search "blocked:true."
Customizing Your Console View
You can filter, search, and customize your view in the console much like you would in a spreadsheet.
Click on the "hamburger" icon to the right of any column header to select columns to view, filter users, and size columns. Click on a column header name to sort names alphabetically. You can also manually resize columns by left-clicking and holding on the line between two columns, which will allow you to adjust the column width.
When you check the box next to one or more users, the bottom toolbar of possible actions is activated. More details on ways to manage users using this toolbar are available in the User Management Guide.