With a personal dashboard, all your important data is in one place and up-to-date every time you log into Wave. You will save time finding workbooks and you can click directly into a visualization for detailed information.
Personal dashboards are based on a workbook you build that reflects the data visualizations more important to you. Before reading on, you should learn about creating and saving workbooks, as well as workbook tabs.
As you create this workbook, keep in mind the following:
- Put the workbook tabs in the order you wish to see the data views in your dashboard; the first tab will be the first view on your dashboard and so on
- The names you assign you tabs will be the titles of the views in your dashboard
2. In the Dashboard view of Wave, click on the tab My Dashboard and again on + ADD DASHBOARD.
3. A popup box will open with a list of saved workbooks. Select the workbook you plan to use for your dashboard, in this case My dashboard workbook, and either click on USE AS PERSONAL DASHBOARD or double click the workbook name. Your workbook data will now appear as your personal dashboard.
4. Once you have assigned a workbook as your personal dashboard, the dashboard iconwill appear next to the name in your list of saved workbooks.
Edit your dashboard
- Change your personal dashboard entirely by clicking on EDIT DASHBOARD and assigning a new one following the steps above
- Adding or deleting a tab from the saved workbook you used to create your personal dashboard with add or delete that tab from your dashboard view
- Any time you alter the filter or view settings on a tab in the workbook that makes up your personal dashboard, if you save those changes, they will be reflected in your personal dashboard, e.g. changing from list view to pivot view
- Note that if you delete the dashboard used to create you personal dashboard, you delete the content in your dashboard