You can export initiative and action data directly from the card, list, and Gantt views to Excel using the following steps.
1. Start by filtering your information in card, list, or Gantt view, then click on the Export icon on the gray toolbar:
2. Choose the export template that you would like to use.
NOTE: The reports available in your version of Wave may differ from the ones shown in the screenshot below.
3. If applicable, select the historical snapshots you want to extract and click Extract.
NOTE: Snapshots allow users to compare data currently in Wave against data from the past.
4. Some reports will ask you to specify where you want to save the extract.
5. Others will process the request in the background and ask you to pick up the report from the Reports tab.
6. Click on the Reports tab and then click on your report to download.
7. Click Open in the download prompt window to open the report in Excel.
8. Some extracts will require you to run a macro in order to format and build the report. In this case, make sure to select the "Enable Content" option in Excel.
TIP: If you run into issues downloading or opening your Wave extract in Excel, make sure to check out our troubleshooting guides for some tips and more help.