Watch the video
If you are unable to login from either a company office or VPN network, you can access Wave using One-Time PIN, which is a form of two-factor authentication.
Note: In order to use OTP, your user account must first have OTP enabled. To have OTP enabled for your account, contact your company Wave representative or submit a request via the Wave Support form.
1. If you see the below screen, it means you are trying to access Wave from a non-whitelisted network and will need to use OTP. Proceed to the One-Time PIN page by clicking on “One Time PIN page.”
2. Enter your user name and click Request PIN.
3. You will receive an email with your PIN similar to the one pictured below. The PIN will be valid for 24 hours if you keep the browser window open. You can request a new PIN as many times as you need.
4. Enter your PIN and Password, then proceed to the log in page.
5. If this is the first time you are logging into Wave (or if your password has recently been reset), you will need to enter a new password.
Note: Make sure your password follows these guidelines:
At least 8 Characters
At least one lower case and one upper case letter
At least one number
At least one special character (e.g. @, $, !)
Does not include your name or part of your Wave username
6. You can now proceed to Wave and log in with your username and password.
OTP still is not working for me. What should I do?
There may be a few reasons why Wave's OTP mechanism is not accepting your credentials:
1) Your account is locked. Sometimes, if you try to log in more than three times and it does not work, your account will lock and you will not be able to log into Wave.
2) Your first-time password expired. If you are logging into Wave for the first time, your first-time password (which is different from the One-Time PIN) will expire after 24 hours from when the email is sent to you.
3) Your One-Time PIN expired. One-Time PIN's also expire after 24 hours after the email is sent.
In each of the above cases, you can reach out to McKinsey Support team via the Wave Support form to reset your password and get you up and running in short order.