There are two ways to access Wave when you are not physically located at a company office and working remotely.
Access Wave via your company's VPN network
1. Log into your company's VPN network. Reach out to your company's IT helpdesk if you are having trouble logging into the VPN.
2. Once logged onto the VPN, you can now navigate to the Wave URL (https://solutions.mckinsey.com/Wave/app/Default.aspx) and login as normal.
Note: Not all companies have configured their VPN network to allow Wave access. In these situations, we likely have configured your company to use One-Time PIN, or OTP.
Access Wave via OTP (One-Time PIN)
If you are unable to login from either a company office or VPN network, you can access Wave using One-Time PIN, which is a form of two-factor authentication.
Note: In order to use OTP, your user account must first have OTP enabled. To have OTP enabled for your account, contact your company Wave representative or submit a request via the Wave Support form.
1. If you see the below screen, it means you are trying to access Wave from a non-whitelisted network and will need to use OTP. Proceed to the One-Time PIN page by clicking on “One Time PIN page.”
2. Enter your user name and click Request PIN.
3. You will receive an email with your PIN similar to the one pictured below. The PIN will be valid for 24 hours if you keep the browser window open. You can request a new PIN as many times as you need.
4. Enter your PIN and Password, then proceed to the log in page.
5. If this is the first time you are logging into Wave (or if your password has recently been reset), you will need to enter a new password.
Note: Make sure your password follows these guidelines:
At least 8 Characters
At least one lower case and one upper case letter
At least one number
At least one special character (e.g. @, $, !)
Does not include your name or part of your Wave username
6. You can now proceed to Wave and log in with your username and password.