Wave makes it easy to export the data so that you can perform offline analysis. The following instructions illustrate how to export the most recent data available.
1. Either open a saved workbook or create a new workbook view of the data you wish to export. For example, you may want to apply filters so that only your initiatives are showing or so that all initiatives with an upcoming due date are visible. Note that if you are creating a new view, you do not need to save this view unless you wish to access it later.
2. Click on the download icon in the upper left corner of your workspace and select Latest data.
3. In the pop-up that opens, the only option, Current data, will be selected by default. Click Next.
4. In the next box, there are two filter options.
- Don't apply the view filter (export all data): disregards any filter used on the current Wave workbook tab when exporting; all cards visible to you will be exported
- Apply the view filter to the exported data: applies the filter used on the current Wave workbook tab when exporting (e.g., filter on 'workstream' is applied, hence returning the cards matching the workstream[s]).
Select data option, then click Export.
5. A green bar will appear on the top of your workspace and will indicate when your file is ready to download. This process may take a few moments, depending on the size of the file. When the file is ready, click download.
6. You can access your file either by clicking on the file in the bottom left of your browser (see below) or by going directly to the downloads folder on your computer.