If you are looking to export historical data for a particular moment or moments of time, Wave gives you options as to how, when or if filters are applied to your downloaded file.
To better understand downloading data into an Excel spreadsheet, read how to export the data in your current view first.
1. Either open a saved workbook or create a new workbook view of the data you wish to export. For example, you may want to apply filters so that only your initiatives are showing or so that all initiatives with an upcoming due date are visible. Note that if you are creating a new view, you do not need to save this view unless you wish to access it later.
2. Click on the download icon in the upper right corner of your workspace and select Latest data.
3. In the popup that opens, there will be a list of dates from which to choose, as well as Current data. The dates will represent snapshots of data and Current data will be the most recent. Select the date(s) you wish to analyze, then click the Next button.
4. The next popup that opens provides three options for download based on the date(s) selected in Step 3.
If you want to see all your data with no filters applied, select the option Don't apply the view filter (export all data).
If you want to apply the same filter(s) to current and historical data - for example, you have filtered your data to show initiatives that have been categorized as needing leadership attention and you want to see those initiatives with that categorization in the past four weeks - select the option Apply the filter to current and historical data. The resulting report will include all initiatives that have needed leadership attention, regardless of current status.
If you want to apply filter(s) to current data and see how those initiatives may have changed over time - for example, you have filtered your data to show initiatives in L4 and you want to see all initiatives that are currently in L4 and any historical data associated with those initiatives - select the option to Apply the view filter to current data and retrieve corresponding historical data.The resulting report will include all initiatives that are currently in L4, along with historical data, such as previous stage gates.
When you have chosen the data view you wish to export, click on Export.
5. A green bar will appear on the top of your workspace and will indicate when your file is ready to download. This process may take a few moments, depending on the size of the file. When the file is ready, click download.
6. You can access your file either by clicking on the file in the bottom left of your browser (see below) or by going directly to the downloads folder on your computer.