In the event you wish to use or analyze your Wave data offline, you can easily copy and paste what you see in a list view to Excel by following these steps. Confirm that the decimal separator and the thousands separator in Excel are in sync with Wave.
When copying data in list view, please keep the following in mind:
- List view sorting (as well as filtering) will be preserved when copying to clipboard
- List view column order will be preserved when copying to clipboard
- List view grouping will not automatically be exported. As a work-around, you can the grouping attribute as a new column in the list view
2. In the upper right corner, click on the copy icon . You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+C. When your data is successfully copied to your clipboard, a green confirmation banner will appear across the top of your workspace.
3. In a blank Excel sheet, right click in the first cell and select "Paste" or click Ctrl+V. Your data should copy over sorted and filtered as you see it in Wave. Please note that colors and group category headers will not carry over to Excel, nor will some grouping attributes.