With a personal dashboard, all your important data is in one place and up-to-date every time you log into Wave. You will save time finding workbooks and you can click directly into a visualization for detailed information.
Personal dashboards are based on a workbook you build that reflects the data visualizations more important to you. Before reading on, you should learn about creating and saving workbooks, as well as workbook tabs.
As you create this workbook, keep in mind the following:
- Put the workbook tabs in the order you wish to see the data views in your dashboard; the first tab will be the first view on your dashboard and so on
- The names you assign you tabs will be the titles of the views in your dashboard
2. In the Dashboard view of Wave, click on the tab My Dashboard and again on + ADD DASHBOARD.
3. A popup box will open with a list of saved workbooks. Select the workbook you plan to use for your dashboard, in this case My dashboard workbook, and either click on USE AS PERSONAL DASHBOARD or double click the workbook name. Your workbook data will now appear as your personal dashboard.
4. Once you have assigned a workbook as your personal dashboard, the dashboard iconwill appear next to the name in your list of saved workbooks.
Edit your dashboard
There are several ways to further edit or customize your dashboard. You can edit the source workbook, adjust the layout of the views, or select a new source workbook.
Edit the workbook used to make your dashboard
You can update the views in your personal dashboard by adding or deleting a tab from the saved workbook you used to create your personal dashboard. Any time you alter the filter or view settings on a tab in the workbook that makes up your personal dashboard, if you save those changes, they will be reflected in your personal dashboard, e.g. changing from list view to pivot view, too. Finally, you will also delete your dashboard if you delete the workbook you used to created your personal dashboard.
Change the layout of your dashboard
Using the Customize dashboard layout option from the EDIT DASHBOARD menu, you can reposition, resize, and hide views. The specific view you are altering will be indicated by a blue dotted line, as shown in the example below. Be sure to click on the green button to save your changes.
Note: you must own the workbook that you are editing. If you do not, Wave will prompt you to save the workbook first. Additionally, if you share the workbook you used to create your personal dashboard, the layout you create will not be preserved for users who receive the link and wish to use the workbook for their personal dashboard.
Change your workbook
From the EDIT DASHBOARD menu, you can opt to Change workbook and use a different workbook as the source for your personal dashboard.